Friday, June 19, 2009

The monster is crawling!!

Deacon is finally crawling AND pulling himself up! He mastered both of these within a day or two of each other. It's crazy to walk around the house and hear him following me. It's even crazier to wake up in the morning and see him standing in the crib! His little face peeps over the edge and he says "Mama!" Very surreal. He's about to turn 9 months old and weighs 23 pounds. I can hardly lift him!

Crawling...

Standing (had to bribe him with my phone)

6 comments:

Maria said...

He can say "Mama"?! WTF? When did that happen?!

He's so flippin' cute! That grin of his just melts my heart.

Kim and Dustin Mayhew said...

I'm also impressed he can say "mama" what a smart guy!

Colette said...

Isn't it so fun to watch them grow and learn new things. Just wait til the day he starts answering you with words when you ask him questions. It's really crazy then! I can't believe he weighs 23 pounds! My little Alli isn't quite 20 pounds and she is 16 months old. She is a little squirt though and now that Deacon is mobile he'll probably start slimming down. I do love chunky babies though!
I talsaw your Dad at Maceys last night. He's such a good guy. I've always thought highly of him and your mom.

hilary said...

cute! cute! cute! i can't believe he's almost 9 months! seems like you just barely had him!

Toni said...

He is so precious!! It was fun seeing you guys yesterday. And did I mention how stinkin' cute Deacon is?

Mary Ann said...

Speaking already. He is going to be a super genius for sure!