Saturday, June 6, 2009

1 year ago today...

It's been a whole year since this:


Our apartment in Arizona looked like this:





But then we moved here: (we still don't have a yard!)


And I looked like this:

It's amazing how time flies! I can't believe a year ago Terry was graduating pharmacy school, and the next day we moved back to Utah. 3 months later I had Deacon and life has never been better! Life is so different now that we aren't students. I still expect to hear Terry say "I have to study" every time I suggest we do something. It's wonderful NOT to hear it! It's so good to be back with family and not have to take a plane or drive 12 hours just to see them for a few days. It's so nice (and a little weird) to be a "normal" family and do whatever we want because we're not studying!! I still mosey down to the basement and rummage through all my school stuff just to remember how fun school was. Terry does not. What a difference a year makes!

9 comments:

Niki said...

It is amazing how fast a year goes by, I can't imagine a time when Brian doesn't have to study, I bet it is nice!

cold cocoa said...

Quite the lifestyle change! I know- schooling is a drag on the marriage. I miss it too sometimes! There is just something about using my brain that is titillating to me.

Maria said...

Wow, that year has gone by fast! I remember how hot it was that day. His graduation party was so fun!

A little over a year ago I was moving from AZ to UT and then a few months later I moved to MN! Why am I so transient and crazy? I'm so glad Deacon is here! That was the longest nine months waiting for that chubby ball of fun. Next year you will (hopefully) have another bundle of joy!

Colette said...

Time does fly and I'm telling you, the more kids you have the faster it goes! Enjoy every moment you can because before you know it Deacon will be graduating kindergarten and then high school! Not to make you sad or anything. That's just how fast life is going for me. Of course we haven't reached the high school graduation part yet, thank heavens!

Jenny said...

That seems like it was so not a year ago...crazy. I can't believe how having babies makes time fly even faster. I'm glad that you guys get to be "normal" now ;)

Noomi said...

Time flies!

Yes- I am coming to utah the 26th of june. We have to meet! Maybe I can get your cell nbr and I'll call you :)

The Obergs said...

I know you feel like your year has gone fast, but I feel like you were in Arizona FOREVER ago! I'm a just slightly jealous that you guys are totally finished with school. I was just talking to Taylor about that last night and thinking how weird it will be to not be "students" next year. I hope you're enjoying it doubly for us.

hilary said...

oh i can't wait until we can do things because jeff doesn't have to study anymore! i miss you guys and miss visit teaching you! glad to hear things are going well for you guys!

cheeks said...

oh, how i long to be a "normal" family!! one day!!! isn't it crazy how much can change in just 12 short months? AND PLEASE tell me you're lying when you say you like to go through your school stuff and reminisce about how "fun" it was!!!! I guess there were some good times along with the stress and drama! ha ha! Brett has written boards at the end of the month...doesn't that just make you want to vomit?!