skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Question
I have a question for all you mommies! Deacon has loved bath time since he was a few weeks old. I've bathed him in an upright chair until he could sit up on his own. He finally started sitting up so we gave him a "big boy" bath. The first one he LOVED! I took pictures to prove it. But now he hates it!! He screams bloody murder every time I even walk into the bathroom! Is this a stage or is he really terrified of bath time? Anybody else's kids do this? I feel like such a horrible mom!First big boy bath! Too bad he hates it now...
Also, Deacon is now 7 months old! He can sit up on his bear chair (with a little help from dad).
10 comments:
oh, that is so sad that he doesn't love it now...do you think he feels overwhelmed in the huge tub since he's not just in his little chair anymore? I wish i had some advice. Good luck! Will he bathe with you or terry??
such cute pictures! I love that little boy! Can't wait to see you guys tomorrow.
Beckam has always loved his bath so I don't really know what to tell you. Could his bath be too hot/cold? Hopefully it's just a phase and he'll start loving it soon!
Kale has always loved the bath. I have always bathed him in the tub, though, I never used a infant tub or the sink. I got one of those beg baby sponges, and put him on that. As soon as he could sit up, I got rid of it. Sorry no advise from me.
P.S. I was at Utah Vally Hospital today, and I saw Kristy. WoW, she is all grown up!
awww what a cutie pie loving his bath! Dang, I don't know what his deal could be...maybe try the sink again and see if he's still sad about it? Maybe he isn't ready for the big new world of the big boy bath. Don't worry, you're not a horrible mom! You are a darling mommy and he loves you :)
I love him in his bear chair too!
Oh my gosh, he is so flippin' cute! That kid has a million dollar smile. I can't wait to kiss and squeeze those chubby cheeks!
oh he's so cute, look at that chubby little face! I have no advice for this scenario, sorry. However, I'm sure he'll grow out of it (isn't that the "catch all" answer???)
It's time to get in the bathtub with him! But please don't be overly earthy and get on a swimsuit.
Mine have gone through phases in the first year with the bathtub being scary when it was once fun. Give it a few weeks and he'll get over it! Meanwhile...hop in!
I agree put him in the sink it's just a smaller version of the tub,he will defiantly grow out of it but in the mean time make it as fun as possible.
I'm with most of the others... not sure what's up with that. The only time Jack hates the tub is when he has a bad diaper rash and it hurts his bum. Maybe try some toys in there with him? Sorry, I'm not much help.
Oh that is a tuff one. Marin my oldest when she was four decided she hated baths for a few months. I remember Steven having to hold her down and me washing her. It wasn't very fun! And she was four! I bet next month he will like it again!
Post a Comment