Saturday, April 18, 2009

New 'do

So I finally succumbed and did the dreaded "mommy bob". I swore I would never be one of those girls that has a kid and chops their hair off. Well, now that I actually HAVE a kid, I get it. No time to do your hair (or barely get a shower!) means the locks come off. My wonderful sis-in-law Tammy had the honor of cutting it and I think she did a great job! Thanks a bunch, I love it!!



Couldn't resist this video. This is what Terry did after he came home from work last night. Usually Deacon is in bed already, but we both got home around 9:45 pm. And yes, he did go right to bed afterward!

13 comments:

Maria said...

Cute! So, do I have to cut my hair now so that we're still trins? I've really been itching to do it, but I know how awful I look with short hair. And I'm still under the impression that men don't like short hair on girls. I'm so weird.

Terry is cute with Deacon!! That kid cracks me up.

cheeks said...

LOVE the hair!! it looks great! It will be so nice for the warmer weather too...the first time i'd ever cut all mine off was right after i got married (when we were in hygiene)....i loved it in the summer, especially the quick dry after swimming! i've been wanting to do it again too...(but mine takes longer to style when it's short)...so now that i have a kid, does that mean it's time?!

Very cute video of your boys! How does Deacon not puke after that?! E is so sensitive to movement...i swear she spits up after everything! MAybe it just takes time!

Toni said...

Love the hair! It looks great on you, what were you talking about? That little guy is so sweet!

Mary Ann said...

You look wonderful! YOu have the cutest family ever!

Jenny said...

You look way cute! Welcome to the dark side.... hahaha....hey tell Maria that I'm your new twin ;)

that video is SO cute!

cold cocoa said...

I love your Mommy cut. But doesn't short and easy mean you have to cut it like a boy? Wash, style, and go? Your hair is still well, plentiful. C'mon now...I dare you. Take the plunge.
Cute Deacon, too. Watch out though. You keep them up once, and they start getting addicted to staying up with mom and dad!

Heidi said...

Melissa, the hair looks GREAT!!! Everyone seems to be cutting their hair, it makes me want to cut mine off! As always, love your pic's!

The Obergs said...

Melissa, it looks great! You make that mommy bob look awesome. I'm thinking of cutting my hair too, but only because it looks so long and scraggly.

Pieces of Us said...

yay i'm glad you love it.it looks SO cute on you!
haha, deacon is so funny. love that kid!

Kim and Dustin Mayhew said...

So cute Melissa!!

kalie said...

The cut is totally cute! :)

Ashlee said...

oh I think it is cute! And I find that us people who have long hair, when we say we cut it short, it really isn't that short!lol

Liz Palmer said...

I love your haircut. I think it really suits you. It is ok, to have short hair as long as it isn't ugly short hair!