Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Bye bye, Arizona

It’s official. We are no longer residents of Arizona! I know, we’ve been here 18 months now, but we finally got our Utah drivers licenses. Let’s just say Utah could learn a thing or two from Arizona. My AZ license doesn’t expire until 2044. Yeah, that’s right, 35 years from now! I don’t really know why they do that, but it works. Apparently Utah is now only good for 5 years (the last I remember it was 7). I haven’t had to physically go in and get a new license since I was 21! I renewed by mail, which meant I still had the “old school” license. Apparently the design has changed a few times, so it will be nice to see the real thing in 2 weeks when they mail it to me (again, Arizona makes it right there for you. Just sayin’). My biggest complaint is that my UT license doesn’t expire for another year, and they won’t renew it now, which means I have to go back there in a year and do it all over again!! Gah! If I would have known that I wouldn’t have gotten it done. I survived 18 months without it, so I know I could have gone another year without it. Bottom line is, moving out of state sucks!! Between hygiene licensing, getting a mortgage and drivers licenses, we are done!  No more confusing paperwork, endless phone calls and faxes, or standing in lines that stretch for an eternity with smelly weird people (ok, the lady next to us today was really sweet, but still). So glad to be a Utahan again!!

10 comments:

Maria said...

I like your AZ license! Should've kept it. The Grand Canyon looks so awesome compared to whatever is on Utah's. Minnesota licenses are pretty lame.

Jenny said...

Welcome back!....uhhh well you've been back, but glad you're official now.

hilary said...

jealous! i hate doing all that stuff, too and i would love to be a utahn again!

Melissa said...

ha ha! Is it against the law to not have a 'current' license? Did you have to take AZ boards? Is AZ not in the UT testing area? (that didn't make sense...but I think you know what I mean...)

Sounds like a hasle...esp with a baby and being preg! Welcome back to Utah. :)

How are you feeling?

Noomi said...

It's so funny that moving between states in the U.S is like moving between countries in Europe:) I love it!
P.S: I'll for sure wave to Utah!

The Obergs said...

is a 35 year old license really such a good idea? I mean how are the cops going to know that they need to look for a 75 year old man when is driver's license picture makes him look like he's 40??

All I have to say is that I DO NOT envy the hullabaloo that you have had to go through. I hate the run-around you get just from moving, but moving STATES would be a nightmare. Good luck with everything

Mary Ann said...

I am glad you are official now! Changing names, changing states, changing licenses it is all a pain! Glad you are done now! So how are you feeling?

Mary Ann said...

Just read the other comments....did not mean to copy Melissa but I was wondering how you were doing...;)

Toni said...

Wow, 35 years is a long time! I just got my new license because I accidentally let it expire. The new ones are ugly.

I'm so excited to hang out with you guys on Saturday! We haven't had a date night away from the boys in like a month or two!

Ashlee said...

Cute family picture!!