Wednesday, October 22, 2008

1 month old!

Happy first month of life! Our precious little guy is one month old today. What a month! I didn't know it was possible to still be alive after a month of no sleep. He's totally worth it, but alot of work! He still has his days and nights mixed up, so Terry and I sleep in shifts. When does the magical day of all night sleep come? Anybody?! Our lives have totally changed but it's worth it! Every time he smiles my heart melts (okay, I know he only smiles now because he has gas, but he's still cute). Enjoy the pictures!

Deacon is excited to be a month old!

Chillin' in my bear chair

Naptime with Dad

What a cutie!

13 comments:

Niki said...

The only thing I suggest is try reading The Secrets of the Baby Whisperer, I haven't read it for a while and you can pick and choose what to take from it. But it did help me to get Lizzie to sleep through the night (that is at least 7 hours at a time) at 3 months or so. If anything there are pointers on things that might help. Good luck those are some cute pics.

Stacy Risenmay said...

You'll get to sleep in a year - if you are lucky! He gets cuter and cuter everytime I see him!!!

Diane said...

I was just wondering how you all were doing. Thanks for the post. HE IS ADORABLE! I think the key for me when I am getting no sleep is to have very few expectations for yourself. My to-do list with my kids when they weren't sleeping was... shower and do my hair. That's it. I'm not kidding either. Read a book, watch and movie , go on a walk if you want to but until you can start getting sleep... just don't worry about anything else.

I think he may be too young to be on a schedule yet but one thing that really helped me with the girls was to set a really strict schedule and stick to it. For example they take a nap everyday at 10 and 2:30 and then they go to bed at 8 pm. In the beginning I did not waver from this schedule. I would schedule grocery shopping, visiting etc around their naps. I would just let them cry for a while in their crib if they wouldn't go to sleep and after about a week... it worked. All my kids are great sleepers and I think it is in part to sticking to the schedule. But seriously, I know nothing so... do whatever floats your boat : } It might help though.

Jenny said...

What a little sweetie pie and so dang cute! I can't believe it has been a month...it goes by so fast. It isn't just gas, he loves his mommy and daddy :)

Maria said...

Yay! Deacon is so cute. I still love him, even though he peed on me...and sneezed his spit-up on me...all in the same day!

kalie said...

Oh my heck! He is adorable! I want to squeeze him through cyberspace!!

Noomi said...

Melissa, he is ADORABLE!! I could probably eat him haha :) And the best part of it is that I'm related to him!

Pieces of Us said...

I can't believe he is already a month! It goes by too fast. I can't wait to see him and you guys on Saturday! We need a picture of him and Beckam together now. He look so much bigger already! Hopefully he will get his days switched around. It took Beckam about 3-4 weeks before he figured it out.

mlewrkmn said...

Oh my preciousness! He is so cute! I love him and I haven't even met him yet dang it. We can't wait to meet him.

By the way, we still don't get sleep.

The Obergs said...

that must be some good gas because that is the sweetest little smile. I always wonder about the whole gas myth anyways... I know when I have gas it doesn't make me smile, it makes me uncomfortable...

cold cocoa said...

Cute boy! I've seen you with that smile! And no- I'm not implying that it was also post-gas emission on your end but there is similarity there!

As for sleep...I know! It was so rough on me baby #1. My hubs would have to go out in the garage with baby (no joke!) or go in the car to drive to Walmart, the only place open at 2 am....not the high points. Luckily, the crying and sleep improve at 6 weeks in our experience! I just think it's amazing that we mums can get used to no sleep.

Kami said...

Your baby is sooo cute. I can't believe how much his ultrasound picture looks like him now. Wow! It looks like you are really happy. You have come a long way since your school days. Thanks for putting pictures up on your blog. I thought it was fun to see you reunited with some of your classmates and your sis. I will visit again soon.

Toni said...

I can't believe he looks so old already, and we haven't met him yet! Jack started sleeping through the night around 2 1/2 months: We'd top him off at 10 when we went to bed, and he'd sleep until about 5. We counted that as sleeping through the night.