Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Reunions & Parades

Labor Day brought lots of activities for us. It was my 10 year high school reunion (yes, I am that old). What a blast! I can't believe how much some people have changed, and how little others have changed. It was good to catch up with my old buddies.

Old buddies Emilee and Liz

The popular girls let me take their picture!


Best buds Kim and Liz


It was also Payson Onion Days (don't laugh!), the annual city fest. Typically there is a parade and carnival, but mother nature had other plans. My Grandpa was in the parade with the war veterans, so I couldn't let a little rain stop us from supporting him.

10 minutes before the parade started (notice the sunshine...)


My Grandpa! He's in the beige coat getting ready to throw candy at his favorite granddaughter. Isn't he cute! (Still no rain yet)

Mother nature does have a sense of humor. She waited until the veterens were past, but as soon as the beauty queens came out, so did the rain!

These girls know how to have a parade in the rain!

Needless to say, it was freezing and we were soaked! We left the parade and headed to the warm comfort of Chinese food. Hooray for Onion Days!

4 comments:

cold cocoa said...

Your grandpa is cute! I think this is the first parade in my lifetime that got rained out?

So at your reunion were you able to all be buddies, even with the "popular" girls? I'll have to direct Diana to your blog so she can see the pictures!

Kim and Dustin Mayhew said...

Did you guys end up staying for the whole parade? The last thing I remember seeing was the drill team. In all my years, I never remember there being rain during onion days. It was weird! It was so good to see you guys at the reunion, I'm glad you talked me into going.

Maria said...

He, he, that parade was awesome! I don't ever remember it raining like that on Labor Day. You're such a funny blogger. Go Onion Days!

Jenny said...

Onion days eh? Sweet! We have Cherry days, which sounds better no offense ;) Your grandpa is cute...you're sweet to support him, especially being ready to pop and all! The countdown to Deacon is getting closer! I'm so excited :)