Wednesday, December 28, 2011

It’s Christmas

We started the festivities with

Terry’s family Christmas party. We

play Jingo every year (“jingle bingo”,

get it?) I won Spam. We played more

games, and won more Spam.

DSC_0409

DSC_0410

DSC_0412

DSC_0415

DSC_0425

Christmas Eve started with

breakfast at Warren’s with the in-laws.

Service was soooo slow, so we took pictures

of each other taking pictures, lol.

DSC_0434

 

Then we headed to Payson. My dad and

Annette spoiled the boys rotten, as

usual.

DSC_0450

DSC_0451

DSC_0547

DSC_0552

DSC_0555

 

We put them in their pajama’s from

Grandma Jill. (Like Evan’s? They’re

girls pj’s. Grandma has a lot

of  grandkids to shop for!!)

DSC_0560

 

DSC_0565

Obligatory cemetery stop.

We all look so happy and I don’t know

why…

DSC_0466

Then we headed to my

Grandpa’s house and waited for Santa.

He didn’t disappoint! This is my

favorite tradition by far.

DSC_0479

 

DSC_0488

 

The boys got the airplanes that they

had been begging for.

DSC_0522

 

DSC_0527

I got the new Kate Bush

CD that I’ve been not so patiently

waiting for.

DSC_0533

Terry got a book

(graveyard shift has turned him into

quite the bookworm!)

DSC_0534

The boys love their Aunt Kristy.

DSC_0500

We are so tired by now!

DSC_0538

 

Driving home…

DSC_0566

Christmas morning…

I put out the gifts they had already

received. such a bad mom, lol

DSC_0570

Yes, we had to wake them up!

DSC_0571

DSC_0575

 

I love their sleepy morning eyes.

DSC_0578

DSC_0587

DSC_0582

 

More trucks from Grandma Jill.

DSC_0596

 

Grandma Rees helps unwrap.

DSC_0606

 

Evan can’t believe that there are more gifts.

DSC_0610

 

Can’t wait for the next few years when

the boys really start to understand the

true meaning of Christmas. I want to do

all the fun traditions that my mom did

with me and my siblings. They’ll never

fully know how amazing she was, but I’m

going to try my best!

Christmas 2011, you rocked!

4 comments:

cold cocoa said...

Looks like a great Christmas! I would put the presents out again, too- anything to boost the appearance of more gifts- and to remind them since they forget right after opening them!

You go to the cemetery every year before us, because I always see your mom's gravestone all beautifully lit right when we drive in.

And what's with winning spam?!

Maria said...

Those pictures are so great! We do look quite chipper in the cemetary pic, don't we? (You look great in that pic btw. I need to lighten my hair and grow my bangs out. You look like me in that pic more than usual...creepy!)

Those boys are so stinking cute! Christmas was fun and I'm excited for you to start those new traditions!

Jenny said...

Looks like you had a great Christmas! I was totally bummed this year that I didn't see hardly anyone! I think we need to plan a party next year before Christmas, since everyone does their own thing on Christmas. Just my opinion ;) the boys are so cute!

Powell Family said...

I think Grandma Rees is hilarious for unwrapping her gift to the boys. He's like, ah give it to me. Looks like lot of fun! Merry Christms!