Saturday, May 7, 2011

Tulip Festival

We headed down south for the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving point. It was the second to last day for it, so the tulips were a little wilted, but beautiful nonetheless! I haven't been here for years, so I was really blown away by everything they had. The waterfalls were amazing!! The old people in golf carts, not so much. Much thanks to the guy who took our picture but somehow managed to not actually take our picture. Twice.


They have a really cool play area for kids. This was a stream where you could send the toys from the top and watch it sail to the bottom.



The waterfalls were so huge!!



Only in Utah :)



My favorite color of all the tulips




How cool would a concert be here?


SNAKE!!!



Evan was loving the stroller



Lunch at Culver's. I guess it's popular back East, and I can see why! It was very good and the service is top notch (McDonald's could learn a thing or two from these guys!)


The weather was great. Such a perfect day with my cute little family!


8 comments:

Mary Ann said...

You truly do have a cute family! I love that you guys had the chance to go to the tulip festival. What fun. I have never heard of Culver's and I guess I am missing out. I love that there was a scripture on your outing! I love love love it!!! How did your boys like the snake? Were they scared? I mean if the big ice cream cone man does not scare them what will? ha ha ha. Anyway, I think your family is super cute and I am glad you had a good day!

BreAnna said...

Don't you just love it when things all come together for a great day, I loved the tiger tulip, I thought that was pretty awesome! I've never been to Culver's but I guess I should go.

chelsea said...

Every year I tell myself I'm gonig to make it to the tulip festival, then I forget. Annoying! So glad you guys made it down there and enjoyed it for me. You'll just have to tell me how great it was since I'm lame and missed it!

Maria said...

I always miss the Tulip Festival too! Every year I think this is the year that I'll go and then I have to work. Lamecakes ;)

Culver's is actually in the Midwest, not the East...duh. Lol. Seriously glad you went and liked it.

kalie said...

What fun pictures! I am glad the boys had fun on a girly outing to look at flowers. ;)

The Obergs said...

eww... there was a snake there? I wouldn't expect there to be actual wildlife at the tulip festival.

Looked like fun, and I'm still laughing about the guy who managed not to take your picture... "twice"

Melissa said...

I absolutely love this time of year! I miss all those beautiful places to go in the spring in Utah...

I'm so glad that you left a comment on my blog, because we had to get a new computer recently and I lost a bunch of my blog addresses! I'm missing book club so much, but someday I'm coming back...I miss all you guys!

The Wettstein Family said...

What the FREAK!?! Where is this Culver's?!! That was my favorite hamburger place in Des Moines! Did you try the custard?! I must know! Where was it?!
By the way, amazing pictures! We tried to go earlier, but the tulips hadn't opened yet, so we decided to wait and never got there again. Lucky!