Friday, June 18, 2010

What a zoo!

It was perfect weather, and Terry finally had a day off, so we packed up the two monsters and headed to the zoo! It was definitely way better than I remember, and most of the animals were out and about.

Terry HAD to have a wagon for Deacon (so much for the double stroller!)

IMG_3805

IMG_3806

A monkey on a monkey!

IMG_3814

The elephants enjoyed some lunch (didn’t get to see the baby though)

IMG_3818

Deacon loved the monkeys!

IMG_3842

Taking a break…

IMG_3840

The famous lion fountain!

IMG_3825

Checkin’ out the giraffes

IMG_3848

Deacon decided it was Terry’s turn to ride in the wagon

IMG_3851

Evan was having a blast too!

IMG_3855

Only one mishap the entire day: I spilled my grape sno-cone all over my purse and Evan’s blankie! If you’re keeping score, that’s two blankets ruined in three days (gusty winds blew one off at the mall parking lot, then a car ran it over). But hey, at least I wasn’t wearing these shoes (or the pants):

IMG_3859 - Copy

This is Deacon about 2 minutes after we left

Going,

IMG_3860

Going,

IMG_3861

Gone!

IMG_3862

9 comments:

cold cocoa said...

I'm still like a 3 yr old too when it comes to spilling food so don't feel bad. And you took a picture of some poor unsuspecting woman's behind? Those shoes would be death walking up that big hill...and everywhere for hours.

Stacy Risenmay said...

Hey, if you were wearing those pants, you could have spilled grape snowcone and no one would be able to tell! I love the falling asleep pics. So cute!!!

Maria said...

LOL, I love this post! First of all, Deacon is riding a silverback mountain gorilla, not a monkey. Anyhoo, what a fun day! I want to go next time. I haven't been to the zoo in about ten years.

You must submit that photo to Poorly Dressed People.com. It's hilarious. I love the zebra striped shoes to fit the zoo motif.

cheeks said...

so....do you think the lady just wore the shoes cuz they had a wild animal print???? or, was it because stilletos are by far the most comfortable shoe you could pick to trek around the hills of hogle zoo?!?!? WHAT THE?!

i love the pics of deac falling asleep....don't you love that they get so tuckered out after big activities?! E's favorites at the zoo are also the monkeys...i think they're the only animal active enough to keep her attention longer than 5 seconds!

Jenny said...

The lion drinking fountain was closed and wrapped up when we went. Boo! I love Deacon's happy face in all those pictures, looks like he had a great time. Oh and Terry in the wagon is awesome lol

Mary Ann said...

That looks like you had so much fun. I love the going going gone pic. that is priceless proof of a great day!

The Obergs said...

Oh Melissa, I think once Evan is able to sit up by himself, you will absolutely LOVE the wagon. Hazel wants to ride in her wagon every second of the day. I rarely even use my stroller.

P.S. Who the hell wears high heels to the zoo??? I'm pretty sure the animals don't care what you look like

Toni said...

This is like an exact recap from when we went to the zoo on Doug's birthday last year. Jack was 21 months and Lincoln was almost 2 months. Doug had to get the wagon, we took him on the carousel, did the lion water fountain, and he was out when we hit the car. How funny! Glad you guys had fun. That's such a fun age to see their reaction to the animals.

We haven't been to the zoo here yet... guess that will have to wait until the fall now! P.S. When are you guys coming to visit???

Unknown said...

Give us a call, love to meet you there! Oh and you know you love those pants and shoes!! HOT