Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Day Trip

I met up with some new friends today at the State Capitol. They are actually friends of Maria’s, but since we share everything… We were just about to set up lunch on the front lawn of the Capitol, when we were politely asked move because we were in the Governor’s shot! We moved over a few feet, and when he was done he came over and apologized. So polite! Then I asked him for pictures, which probably wasn’t so polite, but how often do you meet the Governor? Then we headed in for a tour of the newly renovated Capitol. People, if you haven’t seen it, go to there!! It is very beautiful and ornate, with oodles of history in every room. Deacon was on his best behavior, which is was very abnormal, but it made for a very enjoyable afternoon.

Me and Breanna, hanging with the Guv

IMG_3118

The shiny, new Capitol

      IMG_3125    

      IMG_3126

     IMG_3127

The house of Representatives (I think. It got confusing after a while!)

IMG_3135

The Governor’s room

IMG_3142

This is how much Deacon enjoyed the day!

IMG_3144

10 comments:

Maria said...

Fun! I'm so glad you went. We'll have to go again with Dad and Annette. That's so cool that you met the Guv.

BreAnna said...

man you are fast!!! I might steele (haha) that picture of us together, I think yours turned out better than mine. I love that you already have Oct book on the side bar, you are on it woman! Oh ya loved the 30 rock shout out, I do want to go to there!

Candace Thomas said...

That is so cool! As I was reading this I just asked Mike who the governor was. Is my head in the sand you ask? I guess...so props to you for actually recognizing him. lol. With that, I am going to go brush up on my politics so I can remain a citizen!

Mary Ann said...

I love your son! That is a classic pic! I have read the 13th tale...pretty good.

Pieces of Us said...

How cool is that? Crazy! I love that little Deacon...what is it with kids and their noses? Beckam just found his and it grosses me out. Haha.

ps I'm with Candace...who is the govenor? Shows how much I know...

cold cocoa said...

Who says moms can't get their cultural experiences in?? Way to go. Looks beautiful.

Jenny said...

Yay for a cool day and deacon being so good! How random and awesome to run into the "guv" lol. He's not as good lookin' as huntsmen, but sounds nice! :)

Noomi said...

Wow, that's so cool!

The Obergs said...

ok, next coco party count me in! I didn't have the link to the yahoo group until today, so therefore I missed the time and place of the outing. As soon as I figure out how to be a part of this "online group" I will be all over this! See you soon!

Melissa said...

Wow! Chumming it up with the Gov! Deacon is so cute! I love the last pic of him picking his nose! Kids! He is so grown up! What size clothes is he wearing?

You look great! How are you feeling?