Saturday, September 5, 2009

So backwards…

First off, I’m trying a new way to write my blog posts.  Thanks to my sis-in-law Tammy for enlightening me on how to be creative (I am officially the most uncreative person on the planet).  Hope this works… Anyhoo, this post is pretty random but is anyone else excited for fall? I love it!! I love back to school time, even though I haven’t been “back to school” in 3 years.  I love the holiday season, especially Halloween. Morbid, I know, but that’s just the kind of gal I am (look at the book I’m reading). I admit to going to Michael’s just to walk through their Halloween section (It’s an entire spooky town!!)

I love the fall leaves changing from lush green to fire red and pumpkin orange (so glad I was raised in P-town where the canyon is a  10 minute car ride away, and that I no longer get carsick).

I love the cooler temps! Living in Phoenix definitely ruined summer for me. Anything above 90 and I’m done. I guess I’m the opposite of those people who get SAD (seasonal affective disorder). I love a good rainstorm and have been diligently watching the weather for any signs of rain. So far Grant Weyman has been letting me down…

Can’t wait for the holidays! Did I mention normal TV returns too? Including 30 Rock? People, if you are not watching this show, we need to have a serious talk. Liz Lemon rules!

 

Ps- Little D is trying to walk! I won’t call it official, but he suddenly started walking last night. It was more than the 2 wobbly steps then fall on your butt kind too! Actual steps!! More to come later.

10 comments:

cold cocoa said...

I love Fall too! It's my favorite season. Did you not mention your birthday in there too?
I love the return of Fall TV. I think I'm going to get hooked on Flash Forward. And America's Next Top Model is doing shorties this time!
I miss going back to school..but I don't miss the dread that hits after the newness wears off.

Jenny said...

Loved your post and I love fall. This reminded me of you've got mail- "I'd send you a bouquet of sharpened pencils if I kneew your name and address" :) haha, anyway 30 rock is THE best show! I too love all my fall shows coming back soon, yay! Can't wait to see big D takes some steps!

mlewrkmn said...

NO NO NO NO, I AM THE MOST UNCREATIVE PERSON ON THE PLANET!! I also LOVE Fall, love a good rain storm, and Halloween is one of my top favorite Holidays! Look how much we have in common?! Awesome. Also, congrats on the prego situation...I had no idea. Yeah baby #2!!!

The Obergs said...

What the what?! Hahah, love 30 Rock! I am excited for fall too, there's just something in the air, although it is always a serious struggle for me to say goodbye to summer (my favorite season by far). So what is this new blog style of writing you're doing? How can you force creativity? PLEASE TELL ME! I also am totally lacking in the creativity department.

P.S. Aren't you glad that you haven't been back to school in 3 years? I would love a masters degree, but I don't miss school one bit.

Mary Ann said...

Love the new layout! Portland has had serious rain for the last 2 days. Buckets and buckets. It has been considered a lot--from local Orgoneons. It has made me want to put a crock pot of soup on....I love it!

Niki said...

I second the change of seasons, I LOVE fall, and Halloween and rainstorms. Your blog is super cute, I can't believe your little boy (haha) is walking, it's really a fun time! Let me know how the book goes I may want to read it!

Maria said...

Holy blogging skills, Batman! You need to teach me how to do different fonts and stuff like Tammy does.

Tell Deacon to wait for me before he starts walking for reals!

Fall here in MN is supposed to be pretty amazing, so I will take lots of pictures.

hilary said...

yeah i pretty much hate this time of year in phoenix. i really really love the fall season and well, it just doesn't happen here. i'm always longing for the cooler weather and changing leaves. so enjoy it for me, please. oh and it's not morbid that you love halloween, it's one of my very favorite holidays!

hilary said...

ok, i just read one of your friend's comments and i had no idea about baby #2 either! congrats, that's exciting!

Ashlee said...

I love fall too! I love fall decor too! Probably because it means the holidays are close!! That is exciting about the baby!