Monday, March 23, 2009

6 months old!

Deacon is 6 months old! I can't believe how fast time is flying. We have loved every second of being parents to this wonderful little boy. He had his 6 month checkup and weighs 20 pounds! He is 27 1/2 inches long and is in the 95th percentile for weight, height and head size. Today we will start him on veggies (expect messy pictures to follow!) He should be sitting up on his own by now, but he hasn't yet. I told the doctor, and he said that Deacon was too fat to sit up on his own! He said it would take just a little longer for a baby his size to sit up. I have been taking pictures of Deacon on his "bear chair" every month since birth. I can't believe how little he used to be!


Brand new baby


6 months later...



Deacon, mom and dad love you so much! We are so happy to have you as a son!

13 comments:

The Obergs said...

hahah, I love the chubby legs! I'm laughing that the dr. said he couldn't sit up because he was "too fat". Who knew fat could get so much in the way???

Niki said...

He is a big boy, Lizzie didn't reach 20 pounds until over a year. She still is only around 24ish. I have a feeling he'll pass her up pretty soon.

Kim and Dustin Mayhew said...

He's not too fat! I love chubby babies! Ben has never been able to wear shoes because his feet are big thick squares, so I guess every baby has their own unique issues.

Unknown said...

Deacon is so cute, definetly from you! I love the chubby babies. My boys were the same way, the doctor would laugh when he looked at their growth charts. Next time you are in town give us a call, would love to do lunch or something.
jasonandkimfamily.blogspot.com

Karly said...

He is so cute you guys!! I love chunky babies! Can't wait to see him again!

Jenny said...

Funny pictures..he's so cute. I love his chubs! That's hilarious that he's too fat to sit up. He's going to outweigh Addie before we know it. He and Beckam are gonna beat her up this summer ;)

Pieces of Us said...

Love that little big boy! Give him kisses for us! Happy Half Birthday Deacon!

Corri said...

Don't worry...Tanner isn't sitting up on his own, either. Only when he's in his high chair or something is propping him up. Deacon is SO CUTE!! Isn't it funny how we find the tiniest things adorable, now that we're parents. I love it. Anyway, I'm glad to see you guys are doing so good. Nate misses having good friends around. You should move back to AZ! :D

Maria said...

Holy Lard Lad! Just kidding, he's a cutie! You should take pictures of him on his bear chair until he goes on his mission. That would be darling. He's not too fat; there's just more of him to love!

cold cocoa said...

I can't even imagine how hard bathtime would be...trying to clean out every fold on his fleshy body!

Haha! He's so cute. I'm with Maria though. Take a picture every year in that awesome bear chair!

mlewrkmn said...

I remember Grady being that big at that age. HE WAS HUGE! I loved it! Deacon is so handsome. Give him all my loves!

kalie said...

He's a precious little monkey and I MISS YOU!

Mary Ann said...

My step-daughter is 3 years old and weighs 24 lbs....She is adorable but so is Deacon! I love chubby babies. They are just so pugily cute!